When it comes to ankle and foot-related problems, they can occur due to health problems such as diabetes and accidents. Some foot-related problems are contagious, and if you walk barefoot in public areas, you might experience those problems. Hence, you must ensure that you wear proper footwear when you walk outside. It is also important to not share your shoes with others. Clean your socks regularly to prevent a certain type of foot-related problems. You must always contact a reputed and experienced podiatrist for your foot-related problems. Most people do not contact a specialist for foot-related problems thinking that they are not serious problems. However, if you ignore foot-related problems, they can become serious problems in future, which would be difficult to treat. It would also cost you more for treating the problems when they become severe. Some of the common foot-related problems which you may experience are heel pain, gout, flat feet, arthritis, nail infection, heel pain, and bunions. Podiatrists can also treat sports-related injuries effectively. As they have a better understanding of how to treat sports injuries, it is always better to contact one immediately, to avoid unnecessary problems in future. When it comes to podiatrists, they can cure your symptoms in no time and helps you walk comfortably. If you are in search of a Blue Cross Blue Shield podiatrist, you could choose Dr. Sima Soltani podiatry office in Irvine. This clinic has the best staff who can make you feel comfortable, which means you don’t have to worry about anything. Dr. Sima Soltani knows how to treat various foot-related problems effectively. Moreover, her treatments are very affordable. Visit her website to take her appointment online. For finding a podiatrist Blue Cross Blue Shield near you, you don’t have to go anywhere physically. In fact, you can find this information online simply. Type ‘podiatrists near me’ in the search option online and you will see the list of famous podiatrists nearby to your location. Once you get to see the list, you need to shortlist some from them by looking at the patient reviews. The better the patient reviews, the better treatment you can expect. It is also necessary to check the experience of different podiatrists before choosing one from them.
Why you should hire a podiatrist BCBS?Your podiatrist will your feet and detect issues before they become serious. People with diabetes especially will get benefited from regular check-ups, as their wounds don’t heal quickly. Continue reading to know about the other reasons for consulting a podiatrist.
- Podiatrists can offer nutritional guidance as well as a topical treatment to people who have brittle, discolored nails. Athletes and people looking to enhance their health can get tips on how to wear breathable shoes and maintain good hygiene. When it comes to elderly people, they experience arthritis and swelling commonly. When you meet a podiatrist, he or she will guide you on how to maintain your feet and ankle health.
- Most of their treatments do not cause any kind of side effects, which means their treatment options are safe. This doesn’t mean that all podiatrists provide safe and effective treatment to their patients. When you choose a reputed podiatrist, you will mostly get the best treatment.
How to maintain your feet healthy?
- If you want to maintain your feet healthy, you need to keep them clean always. Most people ignore cleaning their feet while taking bath, and this can cause several foot-related problems such as infections, etc. Once you clean and scrub your feet, you have to dry them thoroughly using a soft towel. Apply a good moisturizer to keep your feet healthy and smooth.
- Ensure that you cut your toenails regularly. Here you have to be careful when cutting them. In short, they should be properly cut. Avoid trimming your nails too close to the skin, as this can lead to problems such as ingrown toenails. It might also cause severe pain.
- Take some days to check your feet. You can simply do this when you go to bathe. Check for any sores or peeling skin between your toes, as they indicate certain problems. Similarly, nail discoloration indicates nail fungus.
- Whenever you go to locker rooms or public pools, you must wear your footwear. Otherwise, you may experience infections. As a certain type of foot problem is contagious, wearing footwear can protect you from them.
- Most people, especially men have a habit of sharing their shoes with others. What such people need to understand is, sharing your shoe with others or using the other’s shoe can increase the risk of infection.
- Replace your old shoe with the new ones at least once a year to avoid foot-related problems. Avoid wearing wet shoe, as this can increase the chances of infection.
- Wash your socks twice a week without fail.
- Choose breathable shoes always, to maintain your foot health. Such shoes will also help you stay comfortable when walking. Avoid wearing tight shoe as this can cause several foot related problems.